Monday, May 14, 2012

Delightful Chicken Menu for An Evening Meal

Roasted chicken is just one of the best foods. For being a health conscious eater, I prefer to eat low-fat, white meat. It can be a little dried up, thus it needs excellent recipes which will unveil the flavor. I usually have some sort of chicken dinner twice a week. I also have chicken eating salads for my the afternoon meal in warm weather and I have been known to make homemade chicken broth in the depth of winter. I also enjoy having chicken soups when I am ill. I know it's a cliche, but it really makes you feel better when you're down in the dumps.

My suggestion for roasting a chicken inside the oven is usually to place cuts of oranges and bacon on top of the bird. This can help to hold the moisture, stopping it from drying out too much. I don't like store bought stuffing, so I experiment with my own. It's always slightly different each time but the usual ingredients includes sausage meat, sage, and basil, all binded along with a couple of beaten eggs. I then like to serve with onion gravy. A fried chicken dinner is always tasty, especially if cooked in some high quality oil. If you're slimming, you can take the skin off.

I also make chicken casserole with carrots, swede, mushrooms and button onions in red wine gravy. It's scrumptious, served with mashed potatoes. Chicken and mushroom pie is another favorite, made with buttery, flaky pastry. Chicken is ideal for stir fries. It cooks quickly and absorbs the other flavors in the pan. It's a good chicken dinner if you're in a hurry and you can use left over vegetables. I use baby corncobs, thin strips of carrot and mange tout. Dowse some soy sauce on it and serve with rice.

My chicken salads are really tasty. I make them with cherry tomatoes, crunchy lettuce, cucumber, peppers and spring onions. Sometimes, I'll add fruit such as peaches or pineapple. It goes well with a freshly baked baguette. I also stuff Greek pitta bread with chicken and strips of onion and cucumber. It makes a filling chicken dinner and is nicely washed down with a light, fruity wine.

Finally, homemade chicken soup is a special treat on a cold, winter's day. Boil some stock from the carcass and add the ingredients. You can really add what you want but I like to use barley and root vegetables. Try to use all the soup in one day, as it's not a good idea to keep re-heating it.

Now, If you are too fatigued to make for your chicken dinnner, why not go out and dine to some of the finest restaurants in Kent like TN4 Bar and savour their chicken menus for you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment